There’re those who ask if it’s possible for people to sell their souls to the devil.

There’re those who ask if it’s possible for people to
sell their souls to the devil. No one can sell his or her
soul to the devil; the reason being that all souls belong to
God. How can Satan possibly pay for the soul of any human
being and with what “currency” exactly? God paid for the soul
of every man, woman, boy, and girl, with the precious blood
of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:18-19).
Satan lies to a whole lot of Christians, deceiving them
to think he’s in charge of their lives somehow, whereas he
doesn’t have such rights. Jesus bought the whole field and
paid for everyman. So, you can’t sell your soul to the devil.
Even if you stood in front of the devil and said to him, “I sell
my soul to you.” He couldn’t buy it. Your soul neither belongs
to you nor Satan; it belongs to God.
Even when you give your heart to Jesus, you’re not
“selling” your heart to Him either. The terminology of “giving
your heart to Jesus” doesn’t really apply in the way we think
a lot of times, as to “bundling” yourself up and giving yourself
to Him. To give Him your heart is to give Him your attention.
He said, “My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes
observe my ways” (Proverbs 23:26). So, when we say, “Give
your heart to the Lord”, we’re saying, “Turn over to Him; yield
yourself to do His will.”
The reason you can do that is because He gave you
the right; He took the right off Satan, gave it to you, and said,
“Give me your heart and follow me!” He told the Israelites,
“I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:
therefore choose life...” (Deuteronomy 30:19). He told them
Your Soul Belongs To God
THURSDAY
28
to choose life! Serve God truly, with your life. Love Him with
all your heart, for your soul belongs to Him.
It’s important to understand, nonetheless, that there’s
such a term as ‘selling oneself to do evil.’ This means willingly
yielding oneself to do evil or wickedness. In this way, one
could be said to have ‘sold himself’ to the devil or evil. “And
Ahab said to Elijah, Hast thou found me, O mine enemy?
And he answered, I have found thee: because thou hast
sold thyself to work evil in the sight of the LORD...But there
was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work
wickedness in the sight of the LORD, whom Jezebel his wife
stirred up” (1 Kings 21:20, 25).
CONFESSION
My life belongs to Jesus Christ.
I’ve been crucified with Christ,
nevertheless, I live, yet not I, but
Christ lives in me. The life I now
live in the flesh, I live by the faith
of the Son of God, who loved me
and gave Himself for me! God’s
purpose is fulfilled in me, and I
walk in His perfect will today and
always! Hallelujah.
1 YEAR BIBLE
READING PLAN:
Luke
22:66-23:1-25
2 Samuel 1-3
2 YEAR BIBLE
READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians
1:1-9
Psalm 137-138
FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 3:23
Isaiah 43:1
Romans 14:7-9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topvein, the natural herbal AIDS CURE gets rid of all opportunistic infections

What does the Bible say about setting goals?

How do I know if I am a Christian?