Jesus Christ The Messiah

“Do not insult the deaf or cause the blind to stumble. You must fear your God; I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:14 Do you see God standing up here for people who are disadvantaged? It is a clear warning to everyone NOT to DO or SAY anything to tear them down. It is an indication that they matter to God. If they matter to God so much; then their willingness to contribute and serve Him particularly matters. They should NOT be underestimated and denied such a blessing. They should NOT be undervalued. Unfortunately, though, it happens all too often. You might ask how I know? I can only answer by sharing something with you that I've never talked about openly. Please, trust, that I share this ONLY to serve a greater good than for myself. Just in my personal experiences as someone who is legally blind, with years of gainful employment now on my resume', my earliest occupational pursuits were fruitless for months. I did not even get calls or interviews, UNTIL I stopped answering the question on applications about handicaps or impairments. The interviews poured in beyond that point, so that I was then able to present myself directly as capable with a servant's heart. How sad, though, when I think about how it became necessary to hide my limitation. How sad it is to know that, even today, the same old attitudes still DO exist at a level worth talking about. Now, it sincerely makes me sad to think about this, BUT ... Even at some Churches where I've visited previously, I have painfully observed and experienced this undervaluing from my fellow man. Once, it was even to the degree that a mega-Church, one that was only 1.5 miles from my home, was unable after two months to find someone to drive me to AND from Church for services. I was to be classified as a "SHUT-IN," even though my heart was to passionately serve (if enabled). Is what I'm describing representative of ALL Churches today? NO, it is NOT!. HOWEVER, the problem sadly DOES still exist, and I'm in position to kindly call it to your attention. On behalf of others like me, I humbly ask for change where needed. Consider Luke 14:13, when you have a moment to open your Bibles. NOW, to those that who are disadvantaged in some way, be encouraged by knowing how SPECIAL you are to God. When all others have doubted me personally, I have found strength by knowing this Truth. YET, at the same time, in spite of our struggles, we MUST have a positive and willing attitude to serve where possible and allow the Lord to be displayed through us (see John 9:3). I personally expect nothing, BUT I appreciate every blessing and opportunity. This attitude has proven itself to be SO important in MY life, and the Lord will bless YOU for your grace and perseverance in the face of ALL adversity. It is with this good attitude, the Lord will see US through. WE can overcome! Let us embrace each other in peace and acceptance, through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topvein, the natural herbal AIDS CURE gets rid of all opportunistic infections

What does the Bible say about setting goals?

How do I know if I am a Christian?