Is This True?

Another Male Politician Says Pregnancy From Rape Is A “Blessing” That Happened As God “Intended,” But I Have Questions About This Whole “God’s Intention” Thing Amelia McDonell-ParryOctober 24, 2012 45 Comments // Highlights, news Akin's Rape Science Rep. Todd Akin says "legitimate rape victims" don't get pregnant. Read More » Huckabee On Rape He found the silver lining -- rape can result in some awesome people! Read More » "Forcible Rape" Behind Republicans' attempts to redefine rape. Read More » just stfu “The only exception I have to have an abortion is in the case of the life of the mother. I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” This particularly quotable line of crap comes courtesy of Richard Mourdock, a Tea Party-backed U.S. Senate candidate (and current state treasurer) from the state of Indiana, who was speaking at a debate against his opponent Rep. Joe Donnelly last night. Ohhhhh, the utterly reprehensible gall to tell any woman who was raped or the victim of incest that she should find the silver lining in her “horrible” situation (do you really think it’s horrible, Dick, or do you need to look the word up in a dictionary again?). Alas, we’ve heard this particular line more than a few times this election season, and I have to say, on top of making me insane with anger, it also confuses me. Because it seems that, really, by this logic, you could decide that anything that happens in life was intended by God and choose to see the outcome of that situation as “a blessing.” Including, you know, an abortion. For example: “My neighbor raped me. He didn’t use a condom. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. Thank God abortion is legal in this country and I have the free will to choose to have one. I can continue to be child-free until I decide (or don’t decide) that I’m ready to be a parent, and then I can bless a child I want with a wonderful life.” See how that works? I mean, who decides what is intended by God? Is there a website I can go to to search for whether something that happened to me was in God’s plan or if it just slipped through the cracks? One man’s blessing is another’s man’s curse. If I have to hear one more politician or person in a position of power talk as if they have a direct line to God Almighty and his Big Book Of Shitty Things I Intended To See Occur And The “Blessings” You Need To Accept Whether You Like It Or Not, I will just scream. One last thought, though, while we’re talkin’ about the Big Guy. While I clearly don’t believe that anyone’s God should have power over my mind and body, let me just say that any God I would believe in would want his/her children to use their free will to determine what “blessings” they can divine amongst the horrors they face in life. They certainly wouldn’t be dictated by dickbags like

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topvein, the natural herbal AIDS CURE gets rid of all opportunistic infections

What does the Bible say about setting goals?

How do I know if I am a Christian?